Jun 14, 2005

Day one and we are..O-hi-o Bound!

Tuesday 5:21 p.m.

Well, we finally got off this morning at about 8:00 a.m. and then promptly sat in traffic. Eventually we wove our way through the Philadelphia metro area and got on the turnpike. After four hours on the PA turnpike, we ran into more traffic. Finally, we made it into O-hi-o and the land of the Buckeyes. Mike had his 10 year colle reunion last weekend, and tonight I get to indulge my Buckeye reunion needs. With 60,000 students at Ohio State, if there is a reunion, I probably wouldn’t know anyone…so I make do by keeping in touch with a few friends, and keeping track of others through them. Tonight we will stay with Jen (aka Phil) Richardson and her husband Tim, and their daughter Olivia. We may also get a visit from my old roommate Shannon (aka Moose) and her three kids. Its been about 3 years since I saw Jen, and even longer (five years?) since I saw Shannon, so it will be a real treat to catch up and see what their lives are like ten years later. That’s the trouble with going to a state school 9 hours from home when everyone else is from that state…you move back home to your own state and you hardly ever see anybody ever again. I am excited.

Its fun to be on the road.

No comments: