- Not a lot of smoking here. (Smoke filled bars are one thing we are NOT looking forward to when we get back to
- The views are amazing, and there are a lot of seaplanes.
- The Thai, Chinese and Korean food in FANTASTIC. In fact, the Best Thai food I have had outside of
was last night at SalaThai. Thailand
- Because Vancouver is on an island, its real estate is limited, so residential buildings are being built tall and thin, and spaced in such a way as to preserve sight corridors. The Buildings are built with great care here, and there seems to be a lot of trouble taken by developers to integrate the street life into high rise buildings, to creat an "urban village" at the street level, and then also and to protect the sightlines of neighboring buildings. Almost every building has a balcony for each tenant, and a good view from most windows because of that care, and there is a great deal of integration between the street-level life that happens at the base of the building, and the rest of the neighborhood.Its a pretty cool thing. The average price for a townhome is about 350,000 Canadian. There is lots of development going on, lots of condos being built and lots of people live in the urban space and use it well.
- Last but not least, we saw a hybrid taxi today (a Toyota Prius) and just thought that was pretty cool. There is also much talk about fuel efficiency and energy alternatives such a fuel cells and the like. We like that kind of talk... especially as we pay the horrendous GAS prices out here, which have been as much as $2.60 a gallon (and we arent even in
We will definitely make a trip back here at some point. Tomorrow is
So we're having fun. We are a bit homesick though...for what home? We aren't sure… But as we forget the awfulness of the move from
So here is the rest of our schedule as it stands right now (all subject to change of course...don't try to nail us down too much, we're nomads!!!!):
: July 2 & 3 Seattle, Washington
- Olympic National Park, then down
and Oregon : July 4th - July 8th or 9th California Coast Area: July 8 - 13 San Francisco Bay : July 13-17 Santa Cruz, California : July 22 - 24 Denver, Colorado : July 24-26 Taos, NM
- Drive back to