Oct 29, 2006

Pregnancy Report: Month 7 begins!

 

I am officially 24 weeks along as of today.

At this point, the baby is almost completely formed, and is beginning to deposit brown fat on his or her body. S/he weighs in at 1 lb 5 ounces (595 grams) and 30 cms or 11.8 inches total length! During pregnancy week 24 and beyond the baby’s central nervous system continues to develop, as do baby’s lungs.

The baby has been moving around a ton lately especially around dinner time and late at night. In addition to feeling the baby moving all around inside, I am also starting to be able to see the baby's movements on the outside of my belly. It is very cool. What elseis going on...Well, I have a sore back, achy feet and well its hard to find a comfy sleeping position, but that's all typical pregnancy stuff, and I dont want to sound ike an old geezer! Seriously, all is going really well so I am not going to dwell on the minor negative stuff...after all, pregnancy is a temporary condition after all! Prenatal yoga, lots of walking, and swimming are really helping me to manage the minor discomforts.

 Posted by Picasa